The Kind of Parent You Are:
Becoming Your Best Person So Your Children Can Become Their Best Adults
The kind of parent you are does not simply reflect the kind of person you are...
The kind of parent you are is the kind of person you are.
What imprint will you leave upon the future? How will you incorporate your core beliefs and values into your parenting style? How will you parent with purpose?
This book applies the principles from The Optimal Life Experience to the subject of parenting. It will help you define and develop the best in yourself – and set the stage for your child to do the same.
You will learn how to:
- Create your parenting purpose, vision, and goals
- Be an example for your children to emulate
- Set the environment for your children’s enrichment
- Help your children develop the inner qualities to get the most out of life
- Empower your children to be the best they can be
None of these things will be easy. This book offers plenty of support to help you. Inside, you will find practical tools, creative techniques, and introspective activities that you can use for your child’s growth, and for your own.
"Bravo Brian for writing an inspiring parent-to-parent guide to help others formulate their own personal parenting philosophy based on a research-based foundation… This book is the perfect combination of best parenting research practices and listening to that powerful voice within every parent, with the extra bonus of seeing Brian listen as his children steer him back to the ‘kind of parent he is.’ This one book, and the accompanying journal, will be read and used by countless parents who care about raising future adults."
– Karen Deerwester, Ed.S., author of The Entitlement-Free Child and owner of Family Time, Inc.